A Hub Driving MPT Innovation Worldwide
We are the central, objective source for technical guidance and strategic planning related to MPTs. Our product-neutral learning network serves as a platform for identifying fieldwide priority action areas and driving innovation through insights, collaboration, awareness-raising and advocacy. We work to ensure the most promising MPTs reach the hands of women.
The Only MPT Product Database
The database contains funded product candidates in active development, including rings, gels, inserts, films, implants, patches, and pills, among others. The database is an active resource for investors.
A Unique Resource for the Field
We drive critical advances in the MPT scientific and technical agenda by facilitating interdisciplinary and international partnerships. Through the IMPT, experts across the HIV, STI, and contraceptive fields can collaborate and conquer the unique technological, market access, and regulatory challenges to successful MPT development.
Global Reach and Impact
Created with CAMI Health and partners working in the areas of contraception and prevention of HIV and other STIs in 2009, the IMPT is the only global network of interdisciplinary and international stakeholders—scientists, product developers, policymakers, advocates and funders—catalyzing the advancement of MPTs.
30+ IMPT publications providing thought leadership to the MPT field
- IMPT, Unitaid, CIFF. (2021). Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: Technology Landscape and Potential for Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
- IMPT. (2021). Compounds with Potential Activity to Prevent or Treat HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections: A Landscape Review.
- IMPT. (2018). Critical actions to achieve the value potential of MPTs for prevention of HIV, other STIs and unintended pregnancies among young women. Report from workshop at International AIDS Conference.
- IMPT. (2017). Status of Modelling Efforts in the Field of Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: Summary Report.
- IMPT. (2016). Laying the Groundwork for a Strategic Evaluation Framework (SEF) for HIV Prevention & MPT Development.
- IMPT. (2016). Technical Meeting on Hormonal Contraception (HC) in MPTs. Report from Think Tank.
- IMPT. (2016). Clinical Trial Evaluation Workshop for MPTs: Strategic Steps to Ensure Success.” Report from Symposium.
- IMPT. (2014). MPT Dosage-Form Specific TPPs.
- IMPT, Wellcome Trust, USAID, & Population Council. (2012). Global Forum on Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Reproductive Health.
- IMPT & USAID. (2012). Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Reproductive Health Product Prioritization Stakeholder Meeting.
- Indian Council of Medical Research, USAID, WHO, & IMPT. (2012). International Symposium on Accelerating Research on Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Reproductive Health.
- USAID, CAMI Health, & AVAC. (2011). Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Reproductive Health: Advancing the Scientific and Product Development Agenda.” Report from a Think Tank.
- CAMI Health, USAID, Population Council. (2011). Multipurpose Prevention Technologies for Reproductive Health 2011 Symposium.
- PATH & CAMI Health. (2010). Saving Lives With Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: Turning Ideas Into Solutions for Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Stone A. (2009). Advancing Prevention Technologies for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Report of a Symposium, Berkeley, CA.