We identify and share funding opportunities as they arise to help advance MPT research and development. The items below are listed from the earliest to latest application due dates. We encourage you to browse below and contact us if you hear of any new opportunities.
Biological Testing Facility (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development’s (NICHD) state-of-the art Biological Testing Facility supports female and/or male non-hormonal contraception development, including MPTs. This opportunity is to support the enablement of an IND/IDE study of a pre-clinical candidate that offers a safe, non-hormonal based therapy for female and/or male contraception that acts prior to fertilization and does not act via the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: PAR-21-078, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: PAR-21-078
- Open Date: 15 December 2020
- Letters of Intent Due: Not Applicable
- Application Due: 15 July 2022
Family Planning and Reproductive Health Methods APS
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking to support the research, development, and introduction of technologies and approaches that better meet the needs of women as their sexual and reproductive health concerns change over time. This includes the development of multipurpose prevention technologies (MPTs) that address the simultaneous risks of unintended pregnancy, HIV, and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)—particularly Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Additional details can be found on the Round 4 call for concept papers at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: SOL-OAA-13-000024, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: SOL-OAA-13-000024
- Open Date: 15 January 2013
- Closing Date: 14 January, 2023
- Round 5 funding not yet announced
Comprehensive Resources for HIV Microbicides and Biomedical Prevention (CRMP)
This contract provides gap-filling support services for HIV prevention drug developers including academic (investigators), for-profit and not-for-profit small and large companies, and other product innovators (henceforth identified as Sponsors) for the development of HIV non-vaccine biomedical prevention (nBP) strategies and products. The types of nBPs supported include, but are not limited to, topical microbicides, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and Multipurpose Prevention Technologies (MPT’s) for the purpose of preventing HIV transmission and acquisition in adolescents, women, men and transgender individuals. Sponsors seeking these services receive no funding from NIAID, but instead receive products or information generated by NIAID-funded contractors on their behalf. Data and reports are provided in a format that supports a regulatory filing. Additional details can be found here.
- Who can use this resource?
- Sponsors must have a defined need or gap that is delaying or blocking further advancement of their product to clinical testing and/or licensure.
- Sponsors need preliminary data and/or regulatory agency input supporting a justification for the requested support.
- If in support of a specific grant activity, the Sponsor needs to demonstrate a critical need to the advancement of the grant objectives that cannot be met by rebudgeting or administrative supplement, if applicable.
- How to get started: Follow the procedures for requesting access to NIAID contract services
- Application Due: Rolling basis
MCI-BCM Sponsored Target Screening
This ongoing funding scheme offers the opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art facilities at Baylor College of Medicine to screen validated male contraceptive targets for small-molecule inhibitors using DNA-Encoded Chemistry Technology. Applications are accepted on an ongoing, rolling basis. Learn more and apply here.