The Office of HIV/AIDS (GH/OHA) is bringing together a collaboration of partners that will accelerate the research and development (R&D) of new HIV prevention products, like anti-infective MPTs, that women can choose to protect themselves, and address the continuing and disproportionately high rates of HIV incidence in women, especially adolescent girls and young women in sub-Saharan Africa. Learn more!
- A&A Plan ID#: AA-311278
- Release Date: 1 February 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: TBA
- Application Due: TBA
Introduction to Access
The Office of HIV/AIDS (GH/OHA) will be supporting a consortium of diverse organizations and stakeholders to synergistically advance the introduction of new and existing biomedical prevention products, like anti-infective MPTs, and approaches while proactively addressing challenges and gaps that delay or prevent introduction of and access to these HIV prevention products. Learn more!
- A&A Plan ID#: AA-313911
- Release Date: 19 February 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: TBA
- Application Due: TBA
NIH HIV Prevention Trials Network
The HPTN is calling for new research concepts from HPTN and non-HPTN affiliated investigators. Submissions that fit HPTN’s mission, objectives, and scientific priorities as well as address any of the research pillars below will be considered. Learn more!
- Identifying novel antiretroviral (ARV)-based methods and delivery systems for HIV prevention
- Developing multipurpose prevention technologies for HIV prevention as well as for contraception, prevention of other sexually transmitted infections or opioid dependence
- Evaluating broadly neutralizing antibodies alone or in a combination that prevent HIV acquisition, in collaboration with the HIV Vaccine Trials Network
- Designing and conducting population-specific integrated strategy studies that combine biomedical, socio-behavioral, and structural interventions for HIV prevention to maximize their effectiveness
- Funding Opportunity #: NA
- Open Date: 11 January 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: 1 March 2021
- Application Due: 5 April 2021
Biological Testing Facility (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development’s (NICHD) state-of-the art Biological Testing Facility supports female and/or male non-hormonal contraception development, including MPTs. This opportunity is to support the enablement of an IND/IDE study of a pre-clinical candidate that offers a safe, non-hormonal based therapy for female and/or male contraception that acts prior to fertilization and does not act via the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: PAR-21-078, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: PAR-21-078
- Open Date: 15 December 2020
- Letters of Intent Due: Not Applicable
- Application Due: 15 July 2021, 14 January 2022, 15 July 2022
Contraception Development Research Center Program (P50 Clinical Trial Optional)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) is seeking to support and facilitate multidisciplinary approaches towards the development of new and/or improved contraceptive methods for women and men through the formation of a Contraceptive Research Development Center. The NICHD is accepting applications including translational studies to facilitate the pre-clinical to clinical transition and increase the likelihood of clinical success and sociobehavioral and market research to test user acceptability for contraceptive products being developed. The Center will also serve as a national resource for development of early-stage investigators electing to pursue careers in contraceptive research. Applications focused on the late-stage pre-clinical development or clinical development of a single non-hormonal MPT with both contraceptive and anti-infective properties are of high priority. Additional details can be found at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: RFA-HD-22-003, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: RFA-HD-22-003
- Open Date: 28 February 2021
- Letters of Intent Due: 29 October 2021
- Application Due: 29 November 2021
Family Planning and Reproductive Health Methods APS
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking to support the research, development, and introduction of technologies and approaches that better meet the needs of women as their sexual and reproductive health concerns change over time. This includes the development of multipurpose prevention technologies (MPTs) that address the simultaneous risks of unintended pregnancy, HIV, and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)—particularly Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Additional details can be found on the Round 4 call for concept papers at www.GRANTS.gov by searching within “Search Grants” for Funding Opportunity Number: SOL-OAA-13-000024, then clicking on the opportunity number.
- Funding Opportunity #: SOL-OAA-13-000024
- Open Date: 15 January 2013
- Concept Papers Due: 14 February 2020
- Application Due: 14 January 2023